Currently, manufacturing systems pretend to emulate the ideal function of natural ecosystems, in which prevails the no waste generation and the optimal resources use (water and energy).
Taking account that historically traditional productive systems dispose of a linear operation that believed in the unlimited use of the resources and whose processing inevitably generates a series of wastes that finally end deposited in landfills and consequently leads to the waste of the materials resources they contain.
Of course, this belief is erroneous and, over a year ago, the European Commission has launched a strategy known as “Circular Economy”, which pretends that productive systems emulates natural ecosystems, optimizing the resources use and consequently minimizes the waste generation.
In this proposition, the European Commission pretends to applicate those principles to environmental technics and technologies which are pioneer and which integrate the minimization in the water consumption and in the value of waste as mechanism to make Valencian Community industrial processes more sustainable and increase its dissemination thanks to new technologies (online platforms).
The wish results are to keep on “ecologizing” all those industrial processes related to the sector, and which result on the following indications:
– Minimise the environmental impact caused by the industrial process (eg. : injection and vibration process of zamak articles,…).
– Optimise the use of resources contained in industrial residues.
– Obtain a new range of fungible materials from a residual source (environmentally sustainable wheel, photocatalyst supports and tangential filtration membranes).
– The awareness of the sector about the implementation of new materials that allow reducing cost of production and with the new information technologies (platforms).
– The increase of the competitiveness of the products of this sector.
– Research, Development and Innovation like working tool for the obtention of the sustainability (R&D+i+S), thanks to the development of processes more environmentally friendly.
Program : PROMECE