Holistic Learning for Job Inclusion of People with Intellectual Disabilities – INCLUJOBS
European statistics show that only 44% of adults with intellectual disabilities aged 21-64 are in the labour force. In Spain the figures are even more worrying, with only one in five people with intellectual disabilities employed, according to data from Plena Inclusion (2020).
The INCLUJOBS project aims to tackle the large employment gap that exists among people with intellectual disabilities; promoting the employability of this group through the development of training material for the three main actors involved: support entities for people with intellectual disabilities, the business sector and the group of people with intellectual disabilities itself.
The specific objectives we hope to achieve with this project are:
- To provide the necessary knowledge to the support entities to guide and accompany people with disabilities in their job search.
- To make the business sector aware of the importance of inclusive employment; through informative material that informs about the capacities of people with intellectual disabilities and the benefits of their employability.
- To provide people with intellectual disabilities with tools and conceptual and technical knowledge to look for and get a job in the economic sectors of Tourism, Industry and New Technologies; as they are the ones that best adapt to their capacities.
- To create a digital space of connection between the three actors involved that facilitates communication resulting in an increase of the employability opportunities of people with intellectual disabilities.
These specific objectives will be translated into four tangible results:
- INCLUJOBS Manual for Support Organisations for People with Intellectual Disabilities.
- INCLUJOBS Manual for the Promotion of Employability of People with Intellectual Disabilities among the Business Sector.
- INCLUJOBS Toolkit for the search of employment for People with Intellectual Disabilities.
- INCLUJOBS Online Networking Platform.
This project is led by AIJU, in collaboration with four other organisations. Three of them are organisations supporting people with intellectual disabilities: AIS – Austrian Inclusive Society (Austria), PUZZLE (Greece), Association of Parents and Friends of People with Autism Disorders of Rethymno (Greece). One of them in charge of the development of the technological solution: VITECO Elearning Solutions (Italy). AIJU is also in charge of the coordination of providing knowledge about the business sector and ensuring the needs and requirements of the users of the materials to be developed.
The INCLUJOBS project is co-funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ KA220-ADU programme.
Duration: 24 months
State: In process
Subsidized amount: 250.000 €
COORDINATOR CONTACT DETAILS
Name: Raúl Esteban
Phone: 96 555 44 75