Technical and Legal Advice on Industrial Environment
Nowadays, the environmental behaviour of the production processes and of the products we develop and consume are increasingly subject to ever greater media and legal pressure. This however can be an opportunity that can allow companies to position themselves strategically in the market and increase their competitiveness.
“Industrial Environment” is an umbrella term for an extensive range of legislation that obliges companies to know the requirements (licences, authorisations, analyses, measurements, studies, declarations…) that apply to them, and that covers a multitude of environmental issues: waste, wastewater, atmospheric emissions, packaging, acoustics, soil, legionnaires’ disease…
In addition, a good environmental performance means reducing the costs associated with environmental management and paying fees and taxes (sanitation fee, green dot system, etc.).
Environmental management systems that abide by the UNE-EN ISO 14.001:2.015 standard, allow companies to have a system of continuous environmental improvement, in terms of their processes and their products.
Not only does AIJU provide you with all the legal and technical support you need to ensure that you are aware of and comply with all the applicable legal requirements, we also help you to optimise your production process and your products from an environmental point of view (reduced waste generation and its recycling/reuse/valorisation, optimisation of the operation of wastewater treatment plants, eco-design of products…). In all of the above, you may be able to benefit from regional R+D+i incentives (subsidies or loans or both) such as those of the IVACE or the AVI, or others at the State level (CDTI, Ministries…) or even at the international level (LIFE, H2020…) which will help you to follow market trends (Circular Economy, Zero-waste…).
Technical and Legal Advice on Industrial Environment
Legal advice / Processing of legal requirements (licenses, authorisations…):
- Supervision of penalty procedures.
- Environmental License and Comprehensive Environmental Authorisation.
- Application for discharge authorisation.
- Industrial Wastewater Compliance Declaration (MD-301). Optimisation of the applicable sanitation fee.
- Filling in the Water Self-consumption Declaration (MD-202).
- Wastewater analysis (pH, conductivity, heavy metals, SS, COD, BOD5…).
- Wells: registration of water and groundwater concessions.
- Prior notification (Registration in the register of small producers of hazardous waste, and Authorisation for large producers).
- Hazardous waste minimisation studies.
- Annual declaration of hazardous waste production.
- Authorisation as a hazardous/non-hazardous waste manager.
- Preparation of business plans for the prevention of packaging waste.
- Filling in the annual packaging waste declaration.
- Applicable green dot optimisation.
- Emissions into the atmosphere:
- Declaration of an activity that could potentially pollute the atmosphere.
- Filling in the PRTR register.
- Measurement of atmospheric sources (combustion gases, particles, VOCs…).
- Acoustic Audits.
- Noise control plan.
- Noise corrective measures.
- Preparation of preliminary soil situation reports.
- Legionnaires’ disease, PCBs/PCTs…
- Requirements for industrial installations: Compressed air, low/high voltage, industrial air conditioning…
- On-line environmental technician.
- Preparation of diagnosis of evaluation of compliance with legal requirements in the field of environmental management.
- Delisting of hazardous waste.
- Support for the optimisation of industrial wastewater treatment systems.
- Optimisation of resource consumption: water, fuels, energy (energy audits).
- Preparation of product Life Cycle Analyses.
- Product eco-design studies.
- Advance environmental diagnostics.
- Implementation of Environmental Management Systems in line with the UNE-EN ISO 14.001 Standard and the EMAS Regulations or both.
- Internal audits in line with the UNE-EN ISO 14.001 Standard.
- Integration with other management systems (UNE-EN ISO 9.001, OSHAS, R+D+i,…).
Development of eco-sustainable production systems:
- Design and development of advanced wastewater treatment systems.
- Synthesis of advanced reagents for the degradation of refractory contaminants.
- Design and development of valorisation systems (material and energy) for industrial waste with or without synergies from other industrial sectors.
- Increase in the value of resources (Circular Economy).
Environmental awareness of the sector:
- Awareness-raising material (sectorial guides, publications, specialised press, etc.).
- Training (practical workshops on environmental management, tailor-made courses, conferences, seminars…).
Benefits of receiving advice on the industrial environment
Relying on AIJU to improve your environmental sustainability helps you to
Equipment and infrastructure
To be able to provide this type of advice, AIJU has:
- An Industrial Environment Laboratory equipped with the necessary instruments to carry out its activities in the preparation, characterisation and processing of water and industrial waste samples.
- Heat treatment equipment: tempering, calcination and pyrolysis.
- Solar simulator for advanced wastewater treatment.
- Semi-industrial pilot plants for testing purposes: adsorption/absorption of pollutants, ion exchange, tangential membrane filtration (UF/MF), physical-chemical, filter press, soil degradation…
Rely on us to reduce your environmental costs
We have been providing advice on environmental management to companies in the region’s industrial fabric and in the toy, children’s product and leisure sector, for more than 20 years. We are involved in more than 40 regional, national and international R+D+i projects in different lines of work: the circular economy, implementation of best available techniques (BATs) in the sector (waste, wastewater…), adapting the sector to emerging environmental legislation, LCA, and product eco-design.